Checking out the best softball bats? While spring has arrived and summer is coming near, softball now is in full swing. Perhaps you will realize that it’s time for you to buy another bat since the old one is losing its pop. Reading our softball bats reviews will help you choose a new bat that suits you.
A good bat can last depending on how you will take care of it and the frequency of use. But you can always have a better version of your bat if you feel like it. Normally, players would look for upgrades every other season. This is why manufacturers of the best softball bats continue improving their softball bat line-up.
Whether you are playing for national tournaments or just having fun, you will need a quality bat. Each player needs a bat with just the right feel, ample weight, enough length and proper balance. A bat can be too lightweight or too heavy for a player. It is important to consider different factors before buying a new bat.
Below is a list of three of the best slowpicth and three of the best fastpitch bats that can suit your preferences. This guide aims to provide you with insights in choosing a new bat for softball.
OUR PICK: TOP 3 BEST SOFTBALL BATS 2016
Top 3 best slowpitch softball bats:
- DeMarini the ONE
- Louisville Slugger Z-4000
- Easton Brian Wegman
DeMarini the ONE
Louisville Slugger Z-4000
Easton Brian Wegman
Balanced & Endloaded
Pure 360 Composite
Top 3 best fastpitch softball bats:
Easton Mako CXN Zero
Louisville Slugger Xeno
End-load & Balanced
TCT Thermo Composite
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A BEST SOFTBALL BATS
When choosing your softball bat, make sure to consider the type and material used. Check the quality, weight and length and of course, the league approval. Getting the right bat for you is important since not all bats are created equal. Fortunately, there is a wide variety of fastpitch and softpitch bats in the market today.
Bats come in different designs, brands and characteristics. These factors make it difficult for most of us to choose. To help you better understand, below are brief softball bat reviews. We also included some considerations to take. Remember that these factors will help you find the best slowpitch and fastpitch bat for you.
Bats from this manufacturer are among the most popular softball bats in the market today. What made their bats special is that they have a full team of engineers. They are responsible for designing, developing and testing their bats.
This brand constantly develops its products. They also use high end materials to their bats, they became one of the most popular and best choices in the field. DeMarini make use of high technology to come up with bats that responsive and have a max pop. Their bats also include advanced and modern features.
The DeMarini Doublewall Technology enhances the strength of their Fastpitch bats. They also incorporate the Half&Half Technology and Flex-Tuned Composite Handle in their Slowpitch bats.
The most obvious thing in Easton bats are their incredibly similar color and descriptions. We are talking about all divisions of play. Their 2-piece bats and composite bats are the top of the line in every division.
The company enhances the technology used in making their bats and other sports equipment. They have included SC777 Triple Seven Alloy in their bats. The ConneXion Technology boosts the energy transfer.
Because they only use quality materials, their products are durable and last longer. the quality of their bats which endears it to both amateurs and professionals alike.
- Louisville Slugger
It is another well-known brand that manufactures quality baseball and softball equipment. The Louisville Slugger softball team uses their own products. This makes the brand popular and more preferred by players.
Like DeMarini and Easton, Louisville Slugger also has a wide product range. These are also made of quality materials, following strict guidelines. They use advanced technology such as Genix Double wall design and scandium alloy. Louisville ensures that their softball bats combine balance, sweet spot, durability, and performance.
Their line-up features Hyperbolic Technology. Their bats have multi-layer walls which give its barrel that extended flex for a sweet spot. They also make use of Vortex handle technology to distribute load evenly.
By incorporating all these advanced features, their softball bats move seamlessly. This will allow you to play with greatest performance. Miken also develops maxload bats such as the Miken Ultra 750x Maxload USSSA Softball Bat and Miken Freak Black Maxload ASA Slowpitch Bat.
We cannot really say who among these top brands is/are the best. Each of them offers different bats with unique designs, quality, characteristics and materials. If you are a power hitter and aims for good speed, DeMarini and Milken bats suits you.
Most of their bats are end-loaded and max-loaded. These are heavier compared to balanced bats. Their products are ideal for players who would like to increase their batting speed.
For beginners, softball bats made by Louisville Slugger and Easton are the best fit. You are sure to feel comfortable and flexible using their line of bats.
2. Type and Material
BALANCED VS END-LOADED VS MAX LOADED
- Balanced - bats have an evenly distributed weight from end cap to knob. It is also the most common type of bat. Players that are contact hitters prefer to use balanced bats. This type allows them to take full control of the bat and have better ball placement.
- End-loaded- is the type of bats that power hitters like. This type usually has an extra ounce of concentrated weight near the end cap. It gives extra momentum to the hitters upon swinging the bat.
- Max-loaded- is like the end-load type of bat except it has more weight at the end. Only stronger players opt to use it. Others might find it difficult to control their swing using the type of bat.
COMPOSITE VS HYBRID VS ALLOY
- Composite – this is the most common type of bat. It is a mixture of graphite, carbon fiber, fiber glass and Kevlar. You can see bats that have 100% composite material. Some bats have a combination of steel alloys and other materials. Others are coated with an epoxy-resin. Composite bats are immensely popular nowadays because of its performance and durability.
- Hybrid- this type features a two-piece design: a composite handle and alloy barrel. It makes the barrel longer and the handle lighter. Most bats nowadays are composed of aluminum and composite materials.
- Alloy- this type is generally constructed using aluminum which make this bat stronger. The advantage is that alloy bats have more responsive and thinner barrel walls.
3. Quality and Feel
- Slowpitch bat
- Fastpitch bat
DeMarini 2015 the ONE
Easton Brian Wegman
Louisville Slugger Z-400
Easton Mako Cxn Zero
Louisville Slugger Xeno
- The Easton MAKO CXN ZERO is the most affordable in the Fastpitch bat category. As much as possible, go for the best bat that will squeeze in your resources.
- The Easton Brian Wegman is the cheapest bat in the Slowpitch category. Price should be part of your considerations, but quality should be also a top priority. If you are playing for a league, might as well get the most quality bat you have chosen. Some of the high-quality bats tend to be a bit pricey. But at the end of the day, it is the quality and experience that worth the most.
5. Other Considerations FOR BEST SOFTBALL BATS
There is nothing too technical with the right length of bat. A player should just feel it right. If you feel that your bat is too heavy, it might be too long for you. If you are having difficulties pitching a few inches off the home plate, your bat might be too short.
Follow these simple rules to gauge the proper length of the bat for you.
- Stand up straight with your arms at your side. Hold the bat while you are in this position.
- Do not lean forward and slouch. If the bat is touching the ground, its length is just right for you.
- It can be too long if your hand needs to slide down, away from the knob so you can remain standing straight.
“Drop” refers to the difference of length and weight of the bat. According to ASA rules, the drop of all softball bats must not lower than eight but not higher than twelve. The weight of your bat depends on the type of batter you are. If you are always swinging late or making contact at the end of the bat, you should try a lighter one.
- For power hitters, 8, 9 and 10 bat works best.
- Remember that the heavier bat will took longer to swing. Fastpitch usually have a drop weight of 8-13. It also ranges from 26-32 inches in terms of length.
- If you get tired easily after several swings, the bat could be heavy for you.
These are general rules. It is important to realize that as long as you are comfortable using a bat, that bat fits you. Before buying, conduct your own research first to find out what will work for you. Aside from the batting stance, you must also take note to have full control over your bat.
Although ASA (Amateur Softball Association) and USSA (United States Specialty Sports Association) approved bats are a good choice in terms with performance, they still limit your choice because of the regulations they set. These governing bodies issue certification stamps to all approved softball bats. Without these stamps, a bat will be not legal for use in leagues they oversee.
FINAL RESULT OF OUR SOFTBALL BAT REVIEWS
Best slowpitch sofball bats
Our pick for fastpitch softball bat is the Louisville Slugger Fastpitch Xeno. It is a balanced bat, with just the right swing speed. The Fastpitch Xeno is made of composite material so you are sure that it is sturdy and strong. Moreover, this bat Is relatively cheaper compared to other fastpitch bats.
The Louisville Slugger Fastpitch Xeno is perfect for both beginners and professional softball players. You can hit the ball to a greater distance with lesser effort on your part.
Best fastpitch softball bats
Our pick for slowpitch bat is the Louisville Slugger Slow Pitch Z-4000. With this bat’s reduce vibration and improved feel, you can play soft and strong. This is also a balanced bat perfect for amateurs, children and professional. Although this one can be a bit pricey, you can make sure that it is a high-quality and durable bat.
Almost everyone can play softball. It is a fun sport that all ages can learn. Like other sports, choosing the right equipment is crucial. You must know the advantages and disadvantages of each bat. This is to avoid making a mistake when choosing a softball bat. Choose wisely as the type of bat can greatly affect your performance.
Your decisions can have a significant impact in your game. Thus, it is important that you will use the right bat. The advancements in technology provide ball players today more options than ever. It is as if your bat is custom-made just for you.
Choose the bat with the right feels in your hand. Remember that it should also be of proper length and weight so you can effectively handle it. Do not choose a bat because it matches your team’s uniform or because it is popular among your friends.
Ask for experts’ opinions before you buy. We can help you with your queries. Just send us a message and we will more than happy to help you choose according to your preferences. We hope that our version of softball bat reviews will help you choose what suits you in a wide variety of the best softball bats.
Read here for best bbcor bats 2016 reviews
Incoming search term:
>> best softball bats for little girl
>> newest softball bat reviews
>> helping young hitters with a fear of the ball