As we all know that in every game there might be many risks of injuries. When it comes to softball, we may found many potential hazards onto the field everywhere. You need to be a smart player if you want to cut these type of unforeseen injuries. You need to take some necessary precautions. It Included some proactive measures against such injuries as a softball player.
Below are the some crucial steps you might like if you want to stay in the game and protect yourself in the field.
Warming and stretching up yourself
First of all, you must remember that stretching your body before playing any game or practice is a good sign. It will help you in preventing strains and sprains. Short jog is a good way of driving oxygen through the body. Before exertion do a bit stretching exercise that warms up your body.
5 stretches to stay tune in the game
Excessive use of shoulders and poor stretching are the two common issues usually found in this game. Below are some of the stretches that will make you enjoy an injury-free sport:
- Arm circles: Rotate both arms in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Pulling over the arm: Use your left arm, stretch your right arm by pulling it across the chest. Repeat the process with the left arm also.s
- Triceps: Stretching up your arm in the air while bending the elbow so that the palm of your hand is facing your back. Then with the help of your opposite hand make yourself pulling down on your elbow. Hold yourself in this way for at least 15 to 20 seconds and then repeat the process with the opposite arm.
- Three set arm extensions: Expand your both arms over your head and lock up your fingers and stretch your arms towards the sky. Then repeat the process by changing the direction of the arms. Lock up your fingers again but at your back with palms and then raise them high towards the sky as much as you can.
- Pull back: According to your shoulder height, expand your one arm sideways and hold the wall. At this level our feet must be in stationery condition and then make your upper body twisted away from the ball. Twist your upper body counterclockwise if you are going to stretch your right arm first. And if you are going to stretch your left arm first, then move your upper body clockwise.
Stay yourself hydrated
Make it a habit of drinking water constantly to fuel yourself to avoid fatigue. There must be a water break during sports or practices. Remember! You need to drink plenty of water in games and tournaments a night before and also between innings.
Stretch up your muscles
Be strong enough to play the game. For this, you need to do exercise, weight training, and conditioning. Don’t be a body builder, but build your body muscles. This will make your muscles more powerful and help you in resisting injuries.
You need to throw the ball carefully. The act of throwing the ball in a softball game is an art. If you are interested in softball then you can also learn the mechanics of good throwing.
The Proper uniform is also an essential part of the game which prevents you from injuries. Wear the designed uniform for playing that help you to keep safe. Following are the essentials that you need to wear while playing.
- Shorts and sliders: Compression shorts and knee pads are the most important garments. You need to wear so that your thighs remain safe from painful raspberries.
- Batting helmet masks: Batting helmet and masks are mandatory in softball. Buy a batting helmet with a mask so it protects your face.
- Cold weather gear: In cold weather, you need to wear leggings, jackets, gloves, ear warmers or sleeves.
If something hits you, checked it out because no injury is small enough to be ignored. As a player, you need to be more tuned and strong so that you have the ability to avoid injuries and discomforts.